Understanding the Grief of Traumatic Loss
This live, online training will provide clinicians a framework for understanding the grief of traumatic loss, specifically exploring the relationship between acute stress, trauma, and grief. The session will identify the impact of trauma responses on bereavement and appropriate intervention. Building on the shattered assumptions theory of trauma and post-traumatic growth research, clinicians will learn practice approaches to support clients who have experienced traumatic losses and indications that referral for trauma treatment is appropriate. Facilitated by the mental health professionals and...Read more co-founders of What's Your Grief, an online grief support community accessed annually by 4 million grievers and mental health professionals seeking grief education and support. www.whatsyourgrief.com
This session is approved for CEs by the American Psychological Association (APA) as well as the NY, TX, and MD state Social Work Boards and the NY Mental Health Counselors board (details below). The majority of states' social work boards accept one of these approvals but, as always, please consult with your state CE guidelines to confirm approval. Less...
- Describe common and unique patterns of stress and trauma response in both anticipated and unanticipated deaths.
- Identify intersections of and disjunctions between grief responses and trauma responses, including the impact of trauma responses on the on the bereavement process.
- Describe five dimensions of posttraumatic growth and present a model for understanding how traumatic loss can eventually lead PTG.
- Provide evidence-informed practice approaches to supporting the positive personal change following traumatic loss, including changes in role and identity, new ways of relating, existential or spiritual beliefs, and the purpose and meaning making.
Tuesday, October 06, 2020
06:00 PM EDT - 09:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Eleanor Haley, MS
Litsa Williams MA, LCSW-C
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Hours
American Psychological Association
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
Texas Board of Social Work Examiners
Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event (Mandatory to receive credit)
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 877 248 6789 or by email at [email protected]