Treating Trauma and PTSD in Older Adults: Uncovering and Healing a Lifetime of Experiences
Older adults, generally defined as those over 65 years of age, carry with them a lifetime of experiences from achieving personal milestones to memorable family occasions to significant events in history. While many can look back and reflect on how these moments shaped their character into who they are today, some of the more adverse experiences can be categorized as trauma, the likes of which have been the root of behavioral concerns and negative patterns. Although approximately 90% of older adults have experienced some form of trauma in their lives, many will not work through their experien...Read moreces, especially if they minimize it or if it happened a long time ago. This webinar will define how trauma and PTSD presents in an older adult, including symptomatic indicators and common co-occurring conditions. We will provide effective screening tools to uncover trauma/PTSD and share treatment modalities that have proven to be successful with this population. Less...
- Define three types of trauma, as well as PTSD, and their prevalence among the older adult population.
- List effective screening tools and measurements for older adults who are experiencing trauma or PTSD.
- Identify six effective therapies used to treat trauma and PTSD in older adults.
- Explain the benefits of seeking treatment for substance use disorder or other mental health conditions for the older adult and the family.
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
12:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Diana DiGirolamo, MSW, LCSW, CAADC
CE Information - Earn 1 CE Hour
American Psychological Association
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event (Mandatory to receive credit)
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com