Treating Addiction In Young Adults
Please join Pavillon's Brian Coon & Rhett Owensby as they present an overview of foundational principles and information relevant to treatment of addiction illness among young adults. The content is drawn from a mixture of research, the clinical-applied literature and decades of experience (providing counseling, clinical supervision, management of addiction treatment programs, and making system innovations) in SUD services including and specializing in young adult populations. Less...
- 1. Remember “The Big 5” Criteria for Substance Use Disorder
- 2. Understand individualizing patient goals across the SUD spectrum
- 3. Apply reinforcement strategies at patient and program levels
- 4. Analyze the patient’s style of personal change process, and relevant contextual factors
- 5. Evaluate clinical SUD services for sufficient individualization and cultural inclusion
- 6. Create atypical methods to promote patient progress
Friday, January 14, 2022
11:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
About the speakers
Brian Coon, MA, LCAS, CCS, MAC
He received both his undergraduate degree in psychology and his master’s degree in community-clinical psychology from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois. He began his full-time clinical work during his graduate internship in 1988. Since that time he has worked in addressing co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders in roles ranging from clinician to clinical supervisor and manager of multiple treatment programs.
Rhett Owensby, LCMHCA LCASA
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Credit Hours
National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org