Therapist Self-disclosure, Counter transference, and Self Care in the Current Work Environment
This workshop addresses therapist responsibility with regard to ethical practice and cultural competency ensuring patient welfare in all aspects of practice. Participants will learn about (1) Recognizing and properly handling countertransference issues, (2) The three types of self-disclosure and their effects on the therapy relationship, (3) Recognizing the importance of therapist self-care (4) Handling counter-transference, therapist self-disclosure, and therapist self-care to improve the therapeutic alliance and increase therapist effectiveness. Literature updates, along with relevant Codes...Read more of Ethics and current expert opinion will be included in all areas of discussion. This program reviews the current research findings and knowledge that inform ethical and legal practice. Less...
- Describe and utilize three self care techniques with regard to being a psychotherapist
- List and describe the three types of therapist self disclosures, how each is used in therapy sessions and how clients view therapist self disclosure by their therapists
- Describe how to recognize and handle the three types of counter transference and properly deal with personal reactions to clients
Saturday, October 02, 2021
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Pamela Harmell, Ph.D.
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Hours including
3 Ethics Hour
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.