The Womyn of the Stonewall Generation: Queering the Lens on Sex and Aging - APA and AASECT
Given the societal taboos against discussing the positive aspects of sexuality especially when it centers older womyn, this training will offer a rare opportunity to apply current research and resources to clinical and administrative practice with older adults. The focus of this highly-engaging session is improving knowledge, skills, and attitudes regarding the impacts of aging on the sexuality of womyn, the sexual challenges of chronic illness, and the possibility of pleasure for older womyn with an emphasis on application to working with older womyn in same-sex relationships. Participants wi...Read morell benefit from the knowledge, skills, and abilities of a sexuality educator and a sex therapist.
AASECT Core Knowledge Areas: B, C Less...
- 1. Describe the meaning of ageism as it relates to the sexual expression of older womyn
- 2. Describe the challenges of chronic illnesses as they relate to the sexual expression of older womyn
- 3. Describe the possibilities for pleasure as they relate to the sexual expression of older womyn
- 4. Discuss the intersectionality of sexuality and aging
- 5. Explain how to apply one aspect of this training to clinical work with older womyn
- Intermediate – Intermediate level programming builds upon the learners’ foundational knowledge in a content area. Programming at the intermediate level includes more depth than that which is associated with a beginning level program. The program of instruction can build on the learners’ familiarity with the literature and/or experience. Programming can help the learner understand applications and limitations of theories and applied skill sets. Intermediate level programming may also focus on an integration of skills. This programming could also serve as a refresher course for individuals who have background in a content area and are interested in learning more contemporary applications.
Thursday, January 26, 2023
01:00 PM EST - 04:00 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Jane Fleishman, PhD, MEd, MS (she/her)
James C. Wadley, MBA, Ph.D, L.P.C., ACS, NCC, IMHF, CST-S (he/his)
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
Council for Relationships # 11-111A.
Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT Certification. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE Process Info
The following entities accept continuing education credits provided by APA-approved sponsors: The Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors; the New Jersey State Board of Marriage and Family Examiners; the Delaware State Board of Professional Counselors of Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Professionals; the Delaware State Board of Social Work Examiners. Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.
Before the event, you will receive an email from CE-Go with access to the virtual event. After the event, you will receive access to your evaluation and continuing education certificate via a personalized "attendee dashboard" link, hosted on the CE-Go website. This link and access to the virtual event will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go "attendee dashboard", you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.