The Urgency of Now: Addressing JEDI and Root Work with Marginalized Populations
As practitioners amid a pandemic and social unrest, this is uncharted territory for many of us. With a dynamic shift focused on JEDI (Justice, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion), race-related stress, mental health, substance use, and prevention, practitioners must shift their Eurocentric methods along the paradigm of prevention to recovery as related to marginalized populations (i.e., Black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, LGBTQ). Though wellness involves actively supporting the whole-person, strategies for collaboration with campus and community partners whose work intersects will be imperativ...Read moree to meet current and future challenges. Less...
- Discuss health disparities and health equity among marginalized populations and the context in which they exist.
- Describe the role of addressing health disparities in marginalized populations and the intersections within well-being and behavioral health (i.e., mental health & substance use).
- List at least 3 ways to address health disparities and promote health equity through advocacy and cultures of care.
- All Levels
Friday, February 25, 2022
11:00 AM EST - 02:15 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Sherrá Watkins, Ph.D.
Shawnté Elbert, EdD
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: The presenter(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.