The Psychology of Christian Nationalism: Why People Are Drawn in and How to Talk across the Divide
The goal of this workshop is to equip clinicians and clergy with answers to the following questions: Who are Christian nationalists and what do they believe? Why is this movement so dangerous? How do people we think of as “good people” get drawn in to the irrational beliefs held by this movement, including outright lies and conspiracy theories? What are the conscious and unconscious motivations (including Freud’s prescient “Group Psychology”) that draw people into this movement? And what are some of the ways our clinical training can help us to talk across a widening political and religiou...Read mores divide? Less...
- Analyze statistical research on Christian nationalists as a demographic group
- Describe the beliefs of Christian nationalism and their link to white male supremacy
- Explain conscious and unconscious motivations for people to adopt a Christian nationalist belief system
- Utilize clinical skills in communication to know when, whether, and how to talk across the current extreme political divide in the U.S.
Thursday, February 23, 2023
10:00 AM EST - 12:00 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
The Rev. Pamela Cooper-White, PhD, LCPC (she/her)
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
CE Process Info
The following entities accept continuing education credits provided by APA-approved sponsors: The Pennsylvania State Board of Social Workers, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Professional Counselors; the New Jersey State Board of Marriage and Family Examiners; the Delaware State Board of Professional Counselors of Mental Health and Chemical Dependency Professionals; the Delaware State Board of Social Work Examiners. Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.
Before the event, you will receive an email from CE-Go with access to the virtual event. After the event, you will receive access to your evaluation and continuing education certificate via a personalized "attendee dashboard" link, hosted on the CE-Go website. This link and access to the virtual event will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go "attendee dashboard", you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems, LLC is an independent provider of continuing medical education. CE Learning Systems, LLC has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority.
In accordance with our disclosure policies, CE Learning Systems, LLC is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited continuing education. These policies include assigning relevance to, and mitigating, all perceived or real conflicts of interest between any individual with control over the content and any ineligible company (commercial interest).
Any individual with control over accredited content, including planner, faculty, and reviewer, is required to globally disclose:
1. Individual relationship(s) or lack thereof, and its nature, with any/all ineligible company, and;
2. any investigational, off-label, or non-FDA approved content or discussion
CE Learning Systems, LLC has reviewed these disclosures, assigned relevance based on the relationship and scope of content, and identified those with the potential to compromise the goals and educational integrity of the education. Relevant relationships, or lack thereof, are shared with the learner.
Education has been independently peer-reviewed to validate content, mitigate identified conflicts of interest, and ensure:
1. All recommendations involving clinical medicine is based on evidence that is accepted within the medical profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
2. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited continuing education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
3. Content is appropriate, fair and balanced, unbiased, referenced, and non-promotional.
The faculty have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.
The planners have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.