The Legal and Ethical Game Show: Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?
Say good-bye to dull legal and ethical trainings and get your annual legal and ethical CE training in a dynamic, entertaining game show format! This presentation grew out of a recognition that most mental health professionals do not need another lecture on typical legal and ethical topics. What has been needed is a fun, stimulating way to review and learn from what they already know. Management of some of the most perplexing legal and ethical quandaries will be explored. Time permitting, topics include a basic review, informed consent, bill collection, telemental health, social media, duty to...Read more warn/protect, public statements, legal terminology, HIPAA, client records, coaching, plus a variety of additional topics. The material is applicable to all disciplines, practices, and states. Less...
- Explain legal and ethical requirements surrounding informed consent
- Explain numerous situations when confidentiality should and should not be broken.
- Explain specific instances when duty to warn is mandated and the complications presented by specific codes and laws
- Intermediate to Advanced
Saturday, December 11, 2021
10:00 AM EST - 01:15 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Clifton Mitchell Ph.D.
He is a contributing author in therapy books and published in numerous professional journals including the Psychotherapy Networker, Psychotherapy in Australia, and Journal of Personality Assessment to name a few. Dr. Mitchell is currently a professor Emeritus at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, TN, where he was awarded Teacher of the Year in 2002. For more information please visit: www.cliftonmitchell.com.
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours including
3 Ethics Hour
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.