Taming the Anxious Brain with Nature in Mind: The Power of Nature informed Mental Health
Are you interested in the new frontier of nature-informed therapy? Nature-informed (psycho)therapy explores nature-based methods of psychological healing, grounded in the belief that nature has profound mental health effects specifically for anxiety and stress-related mental health challenges.
This workshop will provide introductory knowledge of neuroscientific concepts of anxiety as well as nature-based strategies and exercises designed to successfully manage emotional de-regulation. This topic is particularly relevant as many individuals struggle with an uptick in anxiety in the aftermath...Read more of the Covid-19 epidemic. Less...
- Discuss the underlying neurological processes that impact a person's relationships with anxiety and effectively integrate nature into mental health approaches to decrease anxiety and stress.
- Explain nature-guided mind-body healing and how to engage clients in treatment using nature.
- Describe strategies for calming the nervous system in order to alleviate symptoms of anxiety.
Saturday, July 15, 2023
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Heidi Schreiber-Pan, Ph.D., LCPC
Dr. Schreiber-Pan has worked with various organizations, schools and corporations to reduce stress on a communal level and to increase structural well-being through training in positive psychology as well as emotional intelligence coaching.
Dr. Schreiber-Pan has developed unique continuing education courses that combine established clinical methods such as CBT with innovative treatment approached including nature-based psychotherapy and neuro-counseling.
She is the author of Taming the Anxious Mind: A guidebook to relieve stress and anxiety.
11:00am – 12:00 pm Creating Calm in the Nervous System by Taming the Anxious Brain
- Introductions of presenter, experiences, and learning objectives
- Understanding the brain structures and neurological processes involved in the experience of anxiety
- The power of Neuroplasticity
12:00pm – 12:30pm How nature can help reset the sympathetic nervous system (SNS)
- Six principles to reduce the chronic fight or flight response
- Practice: Letting Go of SNS arousal with nature-informed visualization
- Practice: A review of nature-informed breathing techniques
1230 pm to 12:45pm Break
12:45pm – 1:30pm Applying nature-informed mental health interventions
- Psycho-evolutionary theory and the rise of self-criticism and negativity bias
- Identifying and diminishing unhelpful thinking styles
- The healing power of nature awareness
- Practice: Applying cognitive de-fusion with nature imagery
1:30pm – 2:05pm Decolonial approach to nature-informed mental health
- Racial complexities of outdoor spaces
- Code of outdoor therapy ethics
- Formation of a person’s eco-identity
- Practice: Cultural Wheel
2:05pm – 2:15pm Closing and Questions
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.
Before the event, you will receive an email from CE-Go with access to the virtual event. After the event, you will receive access to your evaluation and continuing education certificate via a personalized "attendee dashboard" link, hosted on the CE-Go website. This link and access to the virtual event will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go "attendee dashboard", you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go platform, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com".
If you have any continuing education related questions, please contact your event organizer.
Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "Allowlisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems adheres to the ACCME’s Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Medical Education. Any individuals in a position to control the content of a CE activity ― including faculty, planners, reviewers, or others ― are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with ineligible entities (formerly known as commercial interests). All relevant conflicts of interest have been mitigated prior to the commencement of the activity.
The following relevant financial relationships have been disclosed by this activity’s planners, faculty, and the reviewer:
PLANNERS AND REVIEWER
The planners of this activity have reported that they have no relevant financial relationships.
The faculty of this activity have reported that they have no relevant financial relationships.