Serving & Supporting People Who Work in the Sex Industry
Despite having a strong understanding of how critical therapy is for healing and growth, sex workers often feel that they cannot be wholly honest with clinicians. Their fears are far from unfounded, as legal repercussions threaten the safety of sex workers and their families; in addition, sex workers, if they are open and truthful, often find themselves in the position of educator, when they are trying to carve out space for their own sanctity. Settle in for a penetrating conversation with veteran sex worker Sera Miles, who will illuminate how to create a welcoming and safer therapeutic space...Read more for folks working in the adult industry, as well as their clients.
Please note this session will be recorded. Attendees will not be shown in the recording, but note if you ask a question verbally, your voice may be recorded. Less...
- Create a safer space for clients who have worked or are working in the adult industry.
- Identify the anxieties sex workers and adult industry clientele experience before entering and within the therapeutic space.
- Differentiate between human trafficking, survival sex work, and sex work, and dispel myths therein.
- Contextualize sex work within western patriarchal capitalism exercised thru governmental control.
Friday, July 16, 2021
11:00 AM MDT - 01:00 PM MDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Hours
National Association of Social Workers, New Mexico
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by their licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Join Webinar Sessions
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org