Supporting Caregivers of Children with ADHD: An Integrated Parenting Program
Effective parenting is essential to the success of children with ADHD. At the same time, difficult child behavior contributes to parenting stress and often evokes harsh responses from caregivers, leading to increasing problems over time. What makes this process even more challenging is that ADHD and related problems-like executive functioning deficits, emotion dysregulation, and depression-run in families. It is difficult for parents to support a child's learning and social environment if they themselves struggle with disorganization, low motivation, poor planning, and other executive function...Read moreing difficulties.
Supporting Caregivers of Children with ADHD integrates behavioral, cognitive, and emotion-focused intervention components into straightforward treatment for both parents and children. Sessions included in this therapist guide incorporate group discussion, modeling, role play, and home exercises that involve practicing behavioral parenting techniques and/or cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) skills. With the use of this program, clinicians will gain the expertise to guide parents in effectively supporting their children's behavioral and emotional regulation by creating and maintaining a calm and consistent home environment.
- State 2 reasons why integrating a focus on parent mental health yields optimal benefit of parenting interventions for children with ADHD.
- List 2 principles of cognitive-behavioral therapy and organizational skills training that should be used in behavioral parent training, using a flexible and idiographic approach.
- List 2 signs that they should refer parents for additional evaluation and/or treatment when needed to optimize outcomes for their children.
Friday, February 05, 2021
12:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Andrea Chronis-Tuscano, PhD
Kelly O'Brien, PhD
CE Information - Earn 1 CE Hour
American Psychological Association
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 877 248 6789 or by email at [email protected]