Superhero Therapy for Women Battling Anxiety, Depression and Trauma
“Dramatic,” “crazy,” “overly emotional” – these are just some of the ways in which women have been described when simply expressing their needs and feelings. As result, many women might suppress their emotions, as well as their own voices. Numerous empirical studies demonstrate the evidence of adverse psychological effects of invalidation, emotional abuse, and emotion suppression. Using popular culture as a bridge for understanding and skill-building can be an empowering tool in every provider’s toolbox, allowing clients to feel understood, and making it safer for people to process their menta...Read morel health experiences. The worldwide fascination with popular culture, including Star Wars, Harry Potter, Wonder Woman, and the Avengers is popular for a very good reason – these stories allow people to feel less alone, to be more supported. For decades now, these films, books, and TV shows have reflected people's mental health struggles, including PTSD, grief, anxiety, and depression. This webinar will focus on strategies that can be utilized to assist our clients who identify as women in discovering their voice, setting boundaries, and helping them to manage their anxiety and PTSD through popular culture stories, such as Batwoman, Jessica Jones, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Capes are optional. Less...
- List at least 3 psychological benefits of Superhero Therapy
- List at least 2 ways that Superhero Therapy can be implemented into treating PTSD and anxiety disorders
- Create a clinical treatment plan using Superhero Therapy
- All levels
Saturday, August 07, 2021
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Janina Scarlet, PhD
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
Texas Board of Social Work Examiners
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.