This presentation will focus on the way culture shapes and informs our bodily experience. Using cultural narratives of Indigenous people as examples, Soma-Cultural Liberation will give clinicians practical tools for assessment, clinical intervention, and understanding how culture is a relevant topic of discussion and inquiry in therapeutic and healing modalities.
Check out Cyndi Darnell's interview with Dr. Roger Kuhn:
- Define soma-cultural theory and apply an ethnorelativism framework to their clinical interventions.
- Assess and understand historical and contemporary issues impacting Native Americans and Two-Spirit people and how these issues may show up in a clinical scenario.
- Learn to utilize a BOLD ADDRESSING model for clinical interventions.
Friday, February 24, 2023
12:00 PM MST - 02:00 PM MSTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Roger Kuhn, PhD
1. Welcome and Introduction
2. Positionality and Epistemology
3. What is culture? Soma-Cultural Liberation
4. Positionality, Privilege, and Power
5. Two-Spirit and Native American Cultural Experiences
6. Putting theory into practice - Assessment interventions and practice
7. Q & A
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Credit Hours
The New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Board
To all participants: If you were dissatisfied with the workshop, please contact the Counseling and Therapy Practice Board immediately
American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by their licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Join Webinar Sessions
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org