SOFFI® Virtual Full Course July
- Identify necessary components of infant development that indicate a readiness to begin and sustain oral feeding
- Discuss development of oral-motor skills
- Describe the interaction between medical and developmental level as they relate to feeding readiness and progression
- Identify infants who are not progressing in feeding skill development
- List one way to involve the family in early, pre-feeding activities to support their infant’s later feeding skills
- Identify two distinct sucking patterns in infant feeding development using the BROSS approach terminology
- Identify the influence of two medical conditions on oral feeding success in infants
- Describe why external regulated pacing is the last intervention listed along the SOFFI® Algorithm
- List at least 3 things that affect flow rate in bottles
Dr. Ross and her team are brilliant! Not only did I learn so much from the course itself, but I feel empowered and supported in my practice and interactions with families now that I'm equipped with several new resources ranging from websites and apps to published literature.
YES! Absolutely LOVED this course. The information was very thorough and explained in a way that connected assessment and treatment in a natural, applicable way. So many courses seem to lack the "applicable" piece, but that was far from the case in SOFFI. Erin graciously answered so many questions. Her experience, knowledge, and passion to help others succeed in this area of infant feeding was evident. Highly recommend this course!!
Absolutely loved it! There are so many useful tools, techniques and info provided that I can implement immediately!