Serving LGBTQ People: The Basics Part 1
This training targets clinicians who would like to have a better understanding of the LGBTQ community by learning about language and concepts, assessment skills, and medical and mental health issues specific to the LGBTQ community. This training also aims to take a deeper look at how age, culture, race, and intersectionality impact the LGBTQ population, specifically regarding trauma and suicide.
Due to the current health crisis, this event has been changed to a live webinar event in two parts, 3 hours each. Participants are required to attend parts 1 and 2 to obtain continuing education c...Read moreredits. Participants must complete part 1 to be eligible for take part 2. Once part 1 is completed, participants will be send an access link for Part 2. The cost includes both parts of the training.
Limited scholarship seating is available. Please email [email protected] for details. Less...
- Identify the difference between sex assigned at birth/biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, and attraction, and to become more familiar with gender inclusive terminology including gender non-conforming (GNC) terms.
- Gain a better understanding of the Trans*/GNC/NB population, and of the transition process, including medical intervention, changes in gender expression, and the process of coming out.
- To become familiar with the LGBTQ aging population, how generational experiences impact them, including medical and mental health disparities.
Wednesday, June 17, 2020
02:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Jessica Homan, LISW-S (she/her/hers)
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Hours
Ohio Counselor Social Worker Marriage and Family Therapist Board
CE Process Info
A Continuing Education Certificate for this program will be obtained using the website CE Go. Approximately 3 days after the event, you will receive an email with a link to CE Go. This link will be emailed to the account you used to register for this event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete the mandatory evaluation forms for the event
- Download your CE Certificate in PDF form