Mental Health implications of working with LGBTQ+ individuals through the lifespan
Although substantial progress has been made pertaining to LGBTQ+ rights over the past decade, there is a great deal of work that needs to be done in order to continue normalizing diversity in gender and sexual minority individuals. Though young people in many states are beginning to come out and be more confident earlier in their life, many youths are still struggling to find secure housing, gain and maintain employment, have family support, and sustain safety. LGBTQ+ older adults are oftentimes marginalized in society, struggling to find supportive communities and medical providers who unders...Read moretand the intersectionality of their identities. This workshop will discuss how clinicians can be an integral part of creating spaces of healing and safety for LGBTQ+ individuals of all ages through increased education, visibility and awareness. Less...
- Describe the coming out process as it relates to different identities.
- Explain the clinical considerations pertaining to gender and sexual minority individuals.
- Describe the importance of providing affirming support and resources to this population.
- All Levels
Saturday, May 14, 2022
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Jordan Held, LCSW (he/him)
11am - 12:30pm Lecture
12:30pm - 12:45pm Break
12:45pm - 2:15pm Lecture/Q&A
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours including
3 Diversity Hour
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: The presenter(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.