Involving parents and caregivers: A team-based approach
This live, interactive webinar will focus on the importance and benefits associated with maximizing family involvement among treatment-seeking youth and adolescents. Designed for intermediate-level practitioners, the presenters will discuss ways to identify and address barriers to parent or caregiver involvement and offer specific strategies and techniques to promote more accepting, engaging, and effective approaches to treatment. Ample time will be allotted at the end of the webinar to address audience questions. Less...
- List at least three barriers to family involvement common to intensive treatment.
- Describe at least two techniques for addressing common barriers to family involvement in treatment.
- Identify at least two team-based techniques for addressing/overcoming medication management issues in treatment.
Thursday, November 17, 2022
01:00 PM EST - 02:30 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
About the speakers
Jerry Halverson, MD, FACPsych, DFAPA
Joshua Nadeau, PhD
Dr. Nadeau received his doctorate in school psychology and completed his post-doctoral research fellowship in clinical psychology from USF. He has authored and co-authored numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on treatment of obsessive-compulsive and related disorders among children, adolescents and adults. Additionally, Dr. Nadeau is an active member of the International OCD Foundation, Association for Cognitive and Behavioral Therapies, Collaborative Family Healthcare Association, and the Association for Positive Behavioral Support.
1 pm ET Welcome and speaker introduction
1:05 pm Individuals or teams?
- Research basis: Parent/caregiver involvement and participation in treatment
- Barriers to family involvement common in intensive treatment
- Team-based techniques for addressing/overcoming barriers to family involvement
1:40 pm Coaching the team
- Benefits to individuals and families specific to intensive treatment models
- Medication management issues related to family and dynamic
- Team-based techniques for addressing/overcoming medication management issues
2:15 pm Moderated Q&A
2:28 pm Closure
CE Information - Earn 1.5 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal.
Participants must be logged in for the entire program to be eligible to receive CE credit. Participants who complete the webinar will receive an email with the link to the evaluation form – this will be sent to the email account used to register. Once the evaluation form is completed, participants will be able to download their certificate.
A Continuing Education Certificate for this program will be obtained using the website CE Go. After the event, you will receive an email with a link to CE Go. This link will be emailed to the account you used to register for this event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete the mandatory evaluation forms for the event
- Download your CE Certificate in PDF form
Pre-registration is required. Because we are offering this webinar for free, there is no promo code – simply click the “Checkout” button to begin registration. A new screen will appear with the registration form. Note: You must fill in all the information requested on the form (using the scroll bar to access) and check the box to agree before the “Place Order” button will function. After placing your order, a new screen will appear to confirm your successful registration, and you will receive an email from CE-GO with your personal Zoom link (if it’s not in your inbox, please check your junk/spam folder).