Introduction to Yoga-Informed Therapy
Yoga is a highly effective system for working with mental, physical and emotional health. Today in the US, yoga is thought of simply as a type of exercise that might include some relaxation or meditation. In actuality, it is a sophisticated and systematic science that involves techniques to balance the body and mind in order to achieve optimal health. Many popular therapeutic methods draw from the wisdom of this 2000 year-old tradition. In this presentation, you will be introduced to yoga as a method for working with the mind and body. We will explore the science behind why yoga works and intr...Read moreoduce experientially the aspects of yoga that we have found to be highly effective in working with clients in a mental health context. Yoga will be explored as the most ancient of the body-centered psychotherapies. Participants will learn through didactic lecture, guided experiential exercises, group process and practice sessions. Participants will leave the presentation with tools they can begin incorporating into their own lives and professional practices immediately. This presentation is appropriate for anyone who is interested in using yoga in their work or would like tools for working with clients and patients who have challenges with emotion regulation, addiction, trauma and stress or mental health concerns. Less...
- Explain the physiology that ties yoga with mental health interventions.
- Detail the somatic experiencing skills that integrate with Yoga and Psychotherapy.
- Explain how a yoga-informed psychotherapeutic assessment tool can give you a holistic understanding of your client.
- Describe 3 therapeutic applications of yoga that can be applied to practice with mood disorders, addiction and the survivor client.
Saturday, April 30, 2022
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Livia Adia Budrys, AM, LCSW, C-IAYT, SEP
This is a 3-hour webinar which includes a 15-minute break:
11am - 12:30pm ET Lecture
12:30pm - 12:45pm ET Break
12:45pm - 2:00pm Lecture
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: The presenter(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.