“The Heartland Protocol”: Perinatal Mental Health 2-Day Certificate Training
We are offering in-person as well as virtual ticketing options this year.
Please know we are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our participants, speakers, and staff. We are adhering to all state and local mandates, and keeping up to date with all recommended guidelines.
Over the course of two days, perinatal mental health experts Elizabeth Lowder MSW, LCSW and Kim Martino-Sexton, NFC will train participants on the importance of utilizing their *Heartland Protocol for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs). Kim and Elizabeth have over forty years combined experience working with women in the perinatal life stage in roles including peer advocate, doula, childbirth educator, case manager, therapist and social worker. A dynamic group of inspiring women will join the program as well. You don't want to miss our guest speakers and panel discussion! See details below.
*All of the components that make up the "Heartland Protocol" are evidence-based practices. These include the following but are not limited to: containment, holding, active listening, empathy, assessment measurements, referral and after-care best practices. Using these components in the order we advise is essentially the 'protocol'.
This protocol involves in-depth learning and experiential exercises. Important factors emphasized throughout this training are cultural congruency, societal expectations for motherhood, and self-care for clients and providers alike. This training is designed to benefit moms in the perinatal life stage as well as their families. And did you know... This training is approved by Postpartum Support International as an Advanced Training for the Perinatal Mental Health Certification Program (PMHC).
Join us -- register today!
Early bird pricing available until April 4th!
Group discount: Register 3 or more and receive $25 off per registrant!
Scholarship opportunity available!
Click here for sponsorship opportunities.
Mary Jo Ryan Memorial Scholarship
In remembrance of Mary Jo Ryan and all of the moms we’ve lost to postpartum psychosis / perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs). This is an opportunity for any mom who works with perinatal moms, with special consideration given to BIPOC women.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2022
Recipient Notified and Announced: April 26, 2022
Who is the target audience for this training?
Professionals including, but not limited to...
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Childbirth Professionals
- Other Social Service Providers and Mental Health Workers
- And anyone committed to bettering the health and wellness of moms and babies!
- Training Materials
- A chance to win awesome door prizes
- Gift Bag (including virtual gift bag options for our virtual attendees)
- Access to our in-person and virtual Exhibit Hall, guest speakers, and panel presentation
- Breakfast, lunch, water / coffee / tea, and snack will be provided for in-person attendees.
- All completed trainees will be listed on our national online registry of "Heartland Protocol" Approved Providers and receive a Certificate of Completion.
This interactive training will equip you and your entire organization with the skills and tools needed to best serve moms at risk for PMADs.
Training Topics include:
- How to hold space for your clients
- Step-by-step empathy skills
- Comprehensive assessment measurements that are easy to use
- Multi-disciplinary referral techniques to make your agency run smoothly
- Differentiating between typical postpartum adjustment and clinical diagnoses
- How societal expectations for motherhood are hurting our patients
- Understanding how diversity issues affect moms in the perinatal life stage
- In depth Q & A about psycho-pharmaceutical interventions for women with PMADs including infusion methods.
- Guest Speakers & Panel Discussion (Topics include the trauma of COVID, self-care, compassion fatigue, community maternal mental health and more!)
Check out our featured speakers below!
Join us -- register today!
*Please note: If you've attended one of our annual two day trainings previously, you're considered a "Heartland Approved Provider" and therefore not required to attend Day 1. Heartland Approved Providers are eligible for the "Day 2 only" tickets. If you are not a Heartland Approved Provider, and this is your first time attending one of our annual trainings, then you would need to register for both days. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Interested in partnering with us?
We need your help so we can continue educating, supporting, and serving our medical and mental healthcare providers. We have several sponsorship options available for you to choose from.
The professionals attending our 2-day training need to hear what you and your organization are doing to benefit women, moms, and families! Please review our various sponsorship options and sign up here.
We would love the opportunity to work together on this important cause. Having worked for healthcare systems and advocated for moms, we know how it works – and it works best when we all work together! Reach out to email@example.com with any questions. Thank you!