Good Grief for Helping Professionals
This online training is designed for professionals wanting to build their skills to more effectively support the bereaved. This session provides an overview of current grief theory, various indicators of grief, and how to support grieving individuals across the lifespan. Led by Bo’s Place mental health professionals, this 3-hour webinar will focus on supporting the bereaved client using grief-specific therapeutic elements through a variety of interventions. You will gain tools and resources to support your work with the bereaved, and interventions ready for implementation virtually or in-perso...Read moren. Opportunity for continuing education credit will be available. Less...
- Identify several indicators of grief as a full-body experience.
- Describe interventions to help clients foster a continuing bond with the person who died.
- Construct a support plan for a bereaved client or family utilizing grief-specific therapeutic elements and interventions.
Friday, December 09, 2022
09:00 AM CST - 12:00 PM CSTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Alison M. Smith, LCSW
Courtney Reynolds, LCSW
9:00-9:30 Introduction to grief
• Vocabulary, Worldview
• Four Tasks of Mourning
9:30-10:50 Understanding common grief reactions
• Grief as a full-body experience
• Grief over the lifespan (developmental stages)
10:50-11:00 Pandemic Considerations
• Anticipatory grief, trauma & grief
11:00-11:20 Supporting the bereaved
• Helpful/Not Helpful
• Client Bereavement Support Plan
11:20-11:45 Interventions using 6 therapeutic elements
• Various activities to use with clients
• Practicing in a tech-savvy world
11:55-12:00 Resources, Q&A
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.
Before the event, you will receive an email from CE-Go with access to the virtual event. After the event, you will receive access to your evaluation and continuing education certificate via a personalized "attendee dashboard" link, hosted on the CE-Go website. This link and access to the virtual event will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go "attendee dashboard", you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com".
Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems, LLC is an independent provider of continuing medical education. CE Learning Systems, LLC has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority.
In accordance with our disclosure policies, CE Learning Systems, LLC is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited continuing education. These policies include assigning relevance to, and mitigating, all perceived or real conflicts of interest between any individual with control over the content and any ineligible company (commercial interest).
Any individual with control over accredited content, including planner, faculty, and reviewer, is required to globally disclose:
1. Individual relationship(s) or lack thereof, and its nature, with any/all ineligible company, and;
2. any investigational, off-label, or non-FDA approved content or discussion
CE Learning Systems, LLC has reviewed these disclosures, assigned relevance based on the relationship and scope of content, and identified those with the potential to compromise the goals and educational integrity of the education. Relevant relationships, or lack thereof, are shared with the learner.
Education has been independently peer-reviewed to validate content, mitigate identified conflicts of interest, and ensure:
1. All recommendations involving clinical medicine is based on evidence that is accepted within the medical profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
2. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited continuing education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
3. Content is appropriate, fair and balanced, unbiased, referenced, and non-promotional.
The faculty have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.
The planners have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.