Ethics in Addiction Treatment: Concepts and Applications
Working with substance use disorders can be ethically complex terrain – a biopsychosocial disorder with numerous stakeholders, regulatory bodies, and clinical philosophies to juggle as you make clinical and organizational decisions. This seminar focuses on applied ethics in the context of the treatment of addictions – examining real-world scenarios and ethical conflicts to help prepare you to navigate these challenging situations when they present in your practice. Topics addressed include drug screening, administrative discharge, harm-reduction models, decisional capacity, medication-assisted...Read more therapy, and more. Less...
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of at least two types of drug testing, as well as best practices in responding to positive screens.
- Identify at least three words or phrases that are stigmatizing to individuals with substance use disorders, and their best- practice substitutes
- Discuss different types of harm-reduction strategies, and ethical considerations related to their implementation
- All Levels
Friday, January 13, 2023
11:00 AM EST - 02:15 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Aaron Weiner, PhD, ABPP
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
Make An Impact is a service division of CE Learning Systems.
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE credits.
Before the event, you will receive an email from CE-Go with access to the virtual event. After the event, you will receive access to your evaluation and continuing education certificate via a personalized "attendee dashboard" link, hosted on the CE-Go website. This link and access to the virtual event will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event.
Upon accessing the CE-Go "attendee dashboard", you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go platform, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com".
If you have any continuing education related questions, please contact your event organizer.
Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "Allowlisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
DisclosureDISCLOSURE OF RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS
CE Learning Systems, LLC is an independent provider of continuing medical education. CE Learning Systems, LLC has no proprietary or financial interest in medical or healthcare products over which the FDA (USA) or EMA (EU) has regulatory authority.
In accordance with our disclosure policies, CE Learning Systems, LLC is committed to ensuring balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor for all accredited continuing education. These policies include assigning relevance to, and mitigating, all perceived or real conflicts of interest between any individual with control over the content and any ineligible company (commercial interest).
Any individual with control over accredited content, including planner, faculty, and reviewer, is required to globally disclose:
1. Individual relationship(s) or lack thereof, and its nature, with any/all ineligible company, and;
2. any investigational, off-label, or non-FDA approved content or discussion
CE Learning Systems, LLC has reviewed these disclosures, assigned relevance based on the relationship and scope of content, and identified those with the potential to compromise the goals and educational integrity of the education. Relevant relationships, or lack thereof, are shared with the learner.
Education has been independently peer-reviewed to validate content, mitigate identified conflicts of interest, and ensure:
1. All recommendations involving clinical medicine is based on evidence that is accepted within the medical profession as adequate justification for their indications and contraindications in the care of patients.
2. All scientific research referred to, reported, or used in accredited continuing education in support or justification of a patient care recommendation conforms to the generally accepted standards of experimental design, data collection, and analysis.
3. Content is appropriate, fair and balanced, unbiased, referenced, and non-promotional.
The faculty have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.
The planners have reported the following: There are no relevant disclosures.