Ethical Supervision of Peers
This workshop is appropriate for those who supervise peer recovery support specialists whether they are clinicians or peers themselves.
It is critically important to understand how peer supervision differs from clinical supervision and to recognize the importance of supervisory staff having a deep understanding of the scope of practice peer recovery support specialist role to support proper care.
Join us to develop a deeper understanding of fundamental elements of peer supervision including frequency of supervision, supervision elements, self-care for peers, accommodating vs. “over-supp...Read moreorting” peer staff, etc.
We will explore how we can use supervision to support good ethical boundaries consistent with the NCPRSS code of ethics for peer recovery support specialists.
Attending this session in its entirety will count for 6 hours of supervision and 6 hours of ethics for those with or seeking certification or recertification through WVCBAPP.
Members of WVAAPP receive a substantial discount to join go to www.naadac.org https://www.naadac.org/join-or-renew
For those who register as members, Membership will be verified prior to the event. Less...
- Develop a deeper understanding of fundamental elements of peer supervision including frequency of supervision, supervision elements, self-care for peers, accommodating vs. “over-supporting” peer staff, etc.
- Gain insight into the importance of having a clear role and function / job descriptions that differentiate peer staff from other staff and serve to sustain peer workers within their scope of practice.
- Understand how peer supervision differs from clinical supervision and the importance of supervisory staff in having a deep understanding of the scope of practice peer recovery support specialist role to support proper care.
- Explore how we can use supervision to support good ethical boundaries consistent with the NCPRSS code of ethics for peer recovery support specialist.
- This session is appropriate for all learning levels, beginner, intermediate & advanced.
Friday, July 07, 2023
09:00 AM EDT - 04:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Bill Stauffer LSW, CCS, CADC
He holds a Bachelor's in Social Work degree from Cedar Crest College and a Master's of Social Work Degree from Kutztown University.
William Stauffer has initiated numerous workforce expansion initiatives for persons in recovery. A major focus of his work has been aimed at moving our entire SUD care system towards a five-year care paradigm to dramatically expand the numbers of Americans in Recovery while saving lives, resources, and communities. Mr. Stauffer has been a staunch advocate for strong SUD Patient Privacy Protections at both the state and federal levels for many years.
He ran a recovery house taskforce for the Pennsylvania that helped inform PA Act 59 of 2017. In 2018, he testified in front of the US Senate Special Committee on Aging on the opioid epidemic and older adults, and in 2019, he conducted a hearing with the PA House Human Services Committee to expand recovery opportunities for young people. He is co-chair of the public policy committee for Faces & Voices of Recovery and the 2019 recipient of the Vernon Johnson Award Individual Recovery Advocate of the year. Mr. Stauffer was also the 2002 Recipient of the Lecie G. Machell prize in Social Work and, prior to taking the position of executive director of PRO-A , received Pennsylvania Recovery Organization Alliances award of the Recovery Advocate of the year, in 2008.
Bill lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania with his wife, Julie and dogs, Tweak and Ella. He loves spending free time wandering in the woods taking photos and birdwatching, and reading everything he can get his hands on.
8:45 AM Arrive on Zoom
9:00 AM -12:00 PM Morning Session
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch Break
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Afternoon Session
Conlude & Complete Evaluations
CE Information - Earn 6 CE Credit Hours
West Virginia Certification Board For Addiction and Prevention Professionals
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
WVAADC Is an approved provider for CE through the WVCBAPP This session has been approved for 6 hours of Ethics and 6 hours of Supervision.
WVBEC (LPC Board) and SW Ethics CEs are being applied for but are not guaranteed.
WVAAPP Has a No Refund Policy
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.