Ethical Practice in Schools from a Strength-Affirming Approach for Neurodiverse Students
Neurodiverse affirming approaches have been gaining more recognition and traction as a renewed focus on DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) practices has been highlighted in the last few years. With the recent cultural backlash on traditional ABA practices and the uptick in emotional and behavioral needs in schools as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, this workshop reviews the newly updated BACB Ethics Code in order to equip attendees to use neurodiverse-affirming approaches and ethical practices in the school setting to support students’ growth and emotional well being. Less...
- Describe neurodiverse affirming approaches to stakeholders, such as parents and school teams.
- List at least 2 new updates to the Ethic Codes related to a neurodiverse-affirming approach.
- List at least 2 evidence based practices in obtaining assent from students who have written or spoken communication challenges.
- Learn how to consider neurodiverse affirming approaches when developing an IEP goal or accommodation.
- List at least 2 ways to actively work towards LRE.
- Learn strategies to promote collaboration with a student’s school team.
Thursday, October 06, 2022
09:30 AM PDT - 12:30 PM PDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Stefanie Rushatakankovit, LEP, BCBA
Mrs. Rush specializes in working with early childhood to adolescence, with interests in preschool, autism, ADHD, social-emotional regulation, inclusion, executive functioning skills, trauma informed practice, strength-affirming practices and parent coaching. Her training and data driven background combined with her warm and genuine approach ensures attendees of her trainings receive quality information with a compassionate and whole child perspective. When not working, Mrs. Rush enjoys spending time with her husband and her twin boys.
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
This LIVE ZOOM webinar, is available for 3 CEU's for the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, BACB ACE Provider Number: OP-20-3298. It also is available for 3 Ethics units.
A temporary recording will be made available after the event for playback if you can not make it, at that time the training would qualify as non-contact CEU's for the BACB.
Mrs. Rush is the President of the Executive Board at Our Village. In her volunteer role, she shares her perspectives as both a professional and a parent, and leads monthly board meetings for the charity.
Mrs. Rush will receive financial compensation for providing this valuable webinar to our learning community through the board's invitation.