Eating Disorders in Sport - 2019 Conference
The only conference dedicated to the treatment of athletes with eating disorders
Athletes with eating disorders, and those who treat them, face unique challenges in developing a more wholesome relationship with food, body, and sport.
The Eating Disorders in Sport Conference is a unique place to explore these challenges.
The 2019 conference features:
- Keynote presentations from experts in the field
- Topics relevant to all learning levels
- A return to Berkeley, California
The 2019 Eating Disorders in Sport Conference will provide continuing education credits for psychologists, counselors, social workers, registered dietitians, athletic trainers and strength and conditioning coaches and will be held at the David Brower Center in beautiful downtown Berkeley, California.
Conference Educational Objectives
- List and explain the differing expectations of athletic departments and the eating disorder clinics that treat their athletes.
- List and explain the specific risk factors for developing an eating disorder and corresponding treatment interventions.
- Use specific nutritional and medical information to best assess and inform appropriate multidisciplinary treatment for athletes with disordered eating/eating disorders.