DBT Core Mindfulness Skills Workshop
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a treatment originally created to treat borderline personality disorder (BPD). In recent years it has been increasingly used to treat many other disorders because of its usefulness in treating clients who struggle to manage emotions. Through lecture and experiential exercises, this webinar series led by Sheri Van Dijk will: 1) explore the four modules of DBT skills (Core Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness), 2) demonstrate how this treatment can be used in your work with clients facing a broad range of condi...Read moretions such as depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder, in which emotion dysregulation plays a key role, and 3) provide strategies to teach these skills to your clients. Please view the "Agenda" section below to view the other webinars in this series.
Sheri is known for her humor and down-to-earth style, and her ability to de-mystify DBT, making it less intimidating and more user-friendly for clinicians to learn and incorporate into their practice. If you’ve been curious about DBT but have been too daunted to give it a try, this workshop series is for you!
This webinar in the series will provide an overview of the DBT Core Mindfulness skills. Participants will learn about these skills, including the States of Mind, the “What” skills, and the “How” skills. The discussion will be around how to teach these skills to clients struggling with emotion dysregulation. Less...
- Explain how mindfulness is helpful for clients with emotion dysregulation.
- Discuss the importance of practicing mindfulness ourselves, as clinicians.
- Describe the DBT Core Mindfulness skills: States of Mind, the “What” Skills & “How” Skills.
- Demonstrate at least 2 strategies to teach Core Mindfulness skills to clients
- All Levels
Friday, April 15, 2022
11:00 AM EDT - 01:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Sheri Van Dijk, MSW, RSW
Registered with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, Sheri is also a member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers.
In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, and hiking with her dogs Tess and Oliver. Sheri loves to travel and scuba dive and is an avid reader. Some of her favourite authors are Anne Rice, Stephen King, Kelley Armstrong, Patricia Cornwell and Jonathan Kellerman.
CE Information - Earn 2 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: The presenter(s) receive an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.