Confidentiality and Privilege in Psychotherapy with Minors
Psychotherapy with minors presents many potential ethical challenges related to confidentiality and privileged communication. Noted authority Dr. Bruce Hillowe, trained both as an attorney and a psychologist, will lead this webinar for practicing clinicians. Topics to be discussed include: informed consent, minors and the necessity of parental involvement; reporting child abuse and neglect, limits of the mandate, and crimes against children; the SAFE Act and reporting of dangerousness; access to minors' records by parents and third parties; involvement in family legal matters and the role of t...Read morehe treating therapist/fact-witness. Less...
- state 3 legal issues involved in the confidentiality of treatment information of minor patients.
- state 2 risk management principles consistent with best practices involved in confidentiality of treatment information of minors.
- state what is required vis a vis assent and consent with minors in therapy.
Friday, May 07, 2021
12:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
Bruce Hillowe, JD, PhD
CE Information - Earn 1 CE Hour including
1 Ethics Hour
American Psychological Association
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event (Mandatory to receive credit)
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 877 248 6789 or by email at email@example.com