Brain-Based Therapy & PTSD
Recent advances in neuroscience have increased our knowledge of how and why people change. Brain-based therapy synthesizes neuroscience, evidence-based treatment, psychotherapy research, and attachment theory into a hybrid therapeutic model. This model helps identify which elements of psychotherapeutic schools are effective and which may be counter-therapeutic. Brain-based therapy envisions the therapeutic process and brain changing as necessary to change mood and behavior. The model proposes moving beyond the theoretical school paradigm. This training will examine the use of brain-based thera...Read morepy to enhance outcomes with people who have been traumatized. The role that brain function plays in mood, memory and behavior will be identified, including discussions on the difference between male and female brains, the middle-aged brain and how alcohol affects the brain. Special attention will be given to addressing the neuro-dynamics of PTSD and the crucial role of memory. Using a synthesized model of neuroscience, attachment theory and evidence-based treatment, you will learn how to more effectively treat clients with PTSD. In this training you will develop a new way of looking at the therapeutic process enabling you to move beyond the traditional theoretical school approach. You will learn how to use the Brain-Based Therapy approach to educate your clients and make the goals of treatment understandable. Less...
- Describe the individual variations in response to trauma.
- Explain how memory systems can become dysregulated.
- List the common factors to evidence-based practices for PTSD.
- Intermediate to Advanced
Saturday, March 05, 2022
11:00 AM EST - 02:15 PM ESTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speaker
John Arden, PhD, ABPP
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation form for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "email@example.com". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" firstname.lastname@example.org. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.