Beyond the Five Stages: Understanding and Applying Modern Grief Theory
The landscape of modern grief theory has changed significantly over the last 50 years. However, despite this evolution, many clinicians are only familiar with the stage-based models that were the early foundations of grief theory. In this session, we will explore the most prominent grief theories to have emerged from the fields of psychology and thanatology. Beginning with Freud and working through the significant paradigm shift in grief theory that took place in the late 1990s and early 2000s, this program will introduce applications of the most current evidenced-based models of grief to clin...Read moreical practice.
This session is approved for CEs by the American Psychological Association (APA) as well as the Social Work CE Boards of NY, TX, and MD and the NY Mental Health Counselors board (details below). The majority of states' social work and counseling boards accept one of these approvals but, as always, please consult with your state CE guidelines to confirm approval. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Less...
- Identify the development of grief work models of bereavement and appraise their impact on the social and cultural normative expectations of “normal” and “pathological” grief.
- Review and interpret the paradigm shift that allowed for the emergence of modern grief theory in the last twenty years, fundamentally shifting the clinical understanding of adaptive grief and goals of grief therapy.
- Consider appropriate applications of grief theory in their practice setting, including the benefits and limitations of utilizing psycho-education with clients.
Thursday, July 15, 2021
01:00 PM EDT - 04:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
Click Here to Register
About the speakers
Litsa Williams MA, LCSW-C
Eleanor Haley, MS
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Hours
American Psychological Association
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
CE Process Info
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. After the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
• Complete evaluation forms for the event
• Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 877 248 6789 or by email at email@example.com