Advanced Ethical Issues for Mandated Reporters of Child Maltreatment
Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals throughout the United States are mandated reporters of suspected child maltreatment. However, our legal requirement to report is often confusing to navigate in relation to our other professional and ethical responsibilities. This workshop is intended for mental and behavioral health who already have a basic understanding of their obligations as mandated reporters and want to explore areas that are complicated by our professional relationships with clients in light of our legal obligations. Specifically, we will explore informed consent practices with...Read more different client populations, supporting practice with clients after making a report, and how to work with child protective services, especially in light of concerns for racial and social justice in the child welfare system. Less...
- Identify the ethical/ moral and legal conundrums faced when making the decision to report.
- Apply a framework to guide the process of working with clients before making a report.
- Apply a framework to guide the process of working with clients after making a report.
- Discuss how to collaborate with child protective services for the benefit of clients.
- Describe ways to advocate for improved child protective services systems.
Thursday, March 31, 2022
11:00 AM EDT - 02:15 PM EDTRegister for this Webinar
About the speaker
Kathryn S. Krase, PhD, JD, MSW
CE Information - Earn 3 CE Credit Hours including
3 Ethics Hour
American Psychological Association
Association of Social Work Boards
National Board for Certified Counselors
NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
New York State Education Department's State Board for Social Work
New York Education Department Board of Creative Arts Therapy
New York Education Department for Licensed Mental Health Counselors
New York Education Department Board for Licensed Psychoanalysts
New York State Education Department's State Board for Psychology
New York State Education Department's State Board for Marriage and Family Therapy
CE Process Info
Each professional is responsible for the individual requirements as stipulated by his/her licensing agency. Please contact your individual licensing board/regulatory agency to review continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Please note: You must attend "live" (in real-time) to earn CE's.
A continuing education certificate for the event will be obtained using the website, CE-Go. Before the event, you will receive an email containing a link to CE-Go. (This link will be sent to the email account you used to register for the event).
Upon accessing the CE-Go website, you will be able to:
- Complete evaluation forms for the event
- Download your continuing education certificate in a PDF format
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the CE-Go process, please contact CE-Go at 888-498-5578 or by email at email@example.com
Please Note: Emails for this event will come from "firstname.lastname@example.org". Please make sure to check your spam/junk folder in case those emails get "stuck". We'd also suggest "whitelisting" email@example.com. This tells your email client that you know this sender and trust them, which will keep emails from this contact at the top of your inbox and out of the junk folder.
1. This webinar will be hosted via Zoom, and you may be prompted to download or upgrade your Zoom app if using a mobile device. A strong WiFi connection will be required for best quality.
2. We recommend clicking your "Join Webinar" button early and checking that your speakers are on before the event begins. Please do not worry about being seen or heard! Attendee video feeds and mics are turned off by default when entering a webinar. You will be able to ask questions via the Q&A feature.
3. The webinar will be recorded and available for review by attendees for 30 days. Please respect that no copying, recording, or distribution of live session content is allowed. CE's are provided for the "live" sessions only. CE's will not be available for the recordings.
DisclosurePresenter Disclosure: Financial disclosures: Dr. Kathryn Krase receives an honorarium for presenting this webinar. There are no nonfinancial relationships in the products or services described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in this presentation.
Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for any products to disclose.